Jurassic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jurassic Forum

Discuss the Micheal Chrichton hit books Jurassic Park, and the follow-up The Lost World

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JP movie mistakes

Go down 
+3
Raptor
dr_dino
raptors rule
7 posters
AuthorMessage
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

Respect : 0

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Discuss any mistakes you find here are some of mine I found.

When grant said to the kid "He slashes you with this a 6 inch claw like a razor on the middle tow" It should've been this "He slashes you with this a 6 inch claw like a razor on the last tow" He mistook last with middle see?There are others such as the rex attack.So discuss any you've seen. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://jurassicforum.forumotion.com/forum.htm
dr_dino
Fossil
Fossil
dr_dino

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:22 am

It's not exactly a mistake, as such, but in the t-rex attack scene when you see the t-rex push down the fence the ground on the other side is level with the ground on the safari jeep's side. Yet when the rex pushes the car over and Alan and Lex are forced other the fence there is a 50 foot (more or less) drop there?
Geographically a mistake
Back to top Go down
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:08 am

True but there are some mistakes like the magic door were the hinges change from one side to the other. JP movie mistakes 334202
Back to top Go down
Raptor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Respect : 4

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 7:33 pm

Back to top Go down
dr_dino
Fossil
Fossil
dr_dino

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:48 am

Wow... there are loads, i didn't realise there where so many
Back to top Go down
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:54 am

Told you, lol I knew all of those, you just have to watch the movie very carefully. JP movie mistakes Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
THE DINOSAUR MAN
Fossil
Fossil
THE DINOSAUR MAN

Respect : 1

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:59 pm

The raptor foot has four toes. The 'thumb' does not reach the ground, and the retractable toe is the second/index toe, so it is correct to call it a 'middle toe'.
Back to top Go down
Raging Raptor
Admin
Admin
Raging Raptor

Respect : 11

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:56 pm

Also, in the Novel, grant adopts the fact that Rexes vision is NOT based on movement, yet, in the movie, he says "It's vision is based on movement. Don't move."

I screamed at my TV when I heard that.
Back to top Go down
https://jurassicforum.forumotion.com
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Lol!You did?But we all know thats false now.Well we don't but meh what am I saying...
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Admin
Admin

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 6:08 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:
Also, in the Novel, grant adopts the fact that Rexes vision is NOT based on movement, yet, in the movie, he says "It's vision is based on movement. Don't move."

If you are talking about Jurassic Park, (not the sequel) then I believe you are wrong. In the book he does realize that the Tyrannosaur's vision is based on movement. If you are referring to The Lost World, then I cannot really recall much about Grant in that novel.
Back to top Go down
Raptor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Respect : 4

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:57 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:

During the making of the movie it was not yet known that the t-rex could see without you moving,
Back to top Go down
dr_dino
Fossil
Fossil
dr_dino

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:06 pm

T-rex was top predator in montana 65 million years ago. I personally feel that such a predator would have excellant eyesight.
Back to top Go down
Raging Raptor
Admin
Admin
Raging Raptor

Respect : 11

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:19 pm

Raptor wrote:
Raging Raptor wrote:

During the making of the movie it was not yet known that the t-rex could see without you moving,
Yea it was, the book described the entire bit. A majority of us knew it wasn't movement based. It just seemed that the great predator, Rex, needed a weakness. Like, Superman would be a crappy movie if he was just invincible to everything, but they gave him a key weakness, to spice up the story plot. The rex had to have some sort of weakness, so the movie makers adopted the previously dismissed idea that the rex was movement based, to add some sort of weakness.
Back to top Go down
https://jurassicforum.forumotion.com
dr_dino
Fossil
Fossil
dr_dino

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:53 am

What i think is strange is that, in the novel of Jurassic Park, the rex can't see you if you don't move. Yet in the novel of Jurassic Park: The Lost World the rex can see you if you don't move.
Back to top Go down
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:56 pm

I'll add that to my list of 999,999,999 million mistakes in JP. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ChaosEsper
Fossil
Fossil

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:11 am

The reason the T-rex's vision is movement based in first book is a result of the use of amphib DNA in genetic manipulations. Grant hypothesizes that when they used the frog DNA to fill in the holes from the fossil samples, they carried over part of the frog's movement based vision, similar to how the dinos could all change sex to balance out the pop. sex ratio.

I assume that the Site B T-rexs were from a different batch and thus didn't have the same movement based vision.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JP movie mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: JP movie mistakes   JP movie mistakes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JP movie mistakes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Forum :: JP Action and Cinema Zone :: Jurassic Park: The Movie-
Jump to: