Jurassic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jurassic Forum

Discuss the Micheal Chrichton hit books Jurassic Park, and the follow-up The Lost World

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Velociraptor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

Respect : 0

Velociraptor Empty
PostSubject: Velociraptor   Velociraptor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Yeah everyone knows I would make this...Anyhoo disscuss the small packhunter here.Velociraptor is most of the time mistook for it's larger cousins because of the famous movie "Jurassic Park" as it was oversized in the movie for what I call stupit reasons...
Back to top Go down
https://jurassicforum.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Raging Raptor
Admin
Admin
Raging Raptor

Respect : 11

Velociraptor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velociraptor   Velociraptor I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:25 pm

I have an organized defense against the fact that the Raptor was dramatisized in the movie.

My 1st theory
In the book, Dr.Grant was talking to Tim. Grant asked him if he knew (something. Sorry, forgot the exact words)

Tim said "Deinychus"

And grant said "Actually, Deinychus is now considered a Velociraptor. But very nice."

So, they where ACTUALLY breeding Deinychus, but to save time and confusion, referred to them as "Raptors" and "Velociraptors"

My 2nd theory

The animals they where breeding weren't true and blue dinosaurs; the small stuff was filled in with Frog DNA. Maybe, during the Raptor Breeding process, the frog DNA slightly mutated it to be larger than a run-of-the-mill raptor.
Back to top Go down
https://jurassicforum.forumotion.com
Raptor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Respect : 4

Velociraptor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velociraptor   Velociraptor I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:57 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:
I have an organized defense against the fact that the Raptor was dramatisized in the movie.

My 1st theory
In the book, Dr.Grant was talking to Tim. Grant asked him if he knew (something. Sorry, forgot the exact words)

Tim said "Deinychus"

And grant said "Actually, Deinychus is now considered a Velociraptor. But very nice."

So, they where ACTUALLY breeding Deinychus, but to save time and confusion, referred to them as "Raptors" and "Velociraptors"

My 2nd theory

The animals they where breeding weren't true and blue dinosaurs; the small stuff was filled in with Frog DNA. Maybe, during the Raptor Breeding process, the frog DNA slightly mutated it to be larger than a run-of-the-mill raptor.
Put Up an argument against me.
I will obliterate you..
Litterally.
Lawyers...
Back to top Go down
Raging Raptor
Admin
Admin
Raging Raptor

Respect : 11

Velociraptor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velociraptor   Velociraptor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Raptor wrote:
Raging Raptor wrote:

My 1st theory

Tim said "Deinychus"

My 2nd theory

I will obliterate you..
Litterally.
Lawyers...
wut?
Back to top Go down
https://jurassicforum.forumotion.com
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

Velociraptor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velociraptor   Velociraptor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Raging Raptor wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Raging Raptor wrote:

My 1st theory

Tim said "Deinychus"

My 2nd theory

I will obliterate you..
Litterally.
Lawyers...
wut?

Raptor do not do that again, I am not gona let a debate start, and if one does I will lock this topic (I'm tired cause it ends up some one gettin a warning).Anyhoo RR good theory but still it was not a good reason; if they were gona use a Velo make it accurate, and if not they can use Dein=pwned Velociraptor 781395 .

Velociraptor 334202
Back to top Go down
Raptor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Respect : 4

Velociraptor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velociraptor   Velociraptor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Everytime you warn me, I keep reminding myself......
"Says the Spammer"
But I listen...You want to know why?
RESPECT....Hate it.....But you will respect it.
It's a little motive I made. Very Happy

I agree with Raptor's Rule, because they did dramatize them...Way to much.
Back to top Go down
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

Velociraptor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velociraptor   Velociraptor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Not trying to be mean but I don't want a debate about raptors. Velociraptor 382146 But yeah they over sized them way to much they could've just named them deins instead of velos; cause really there is no point. Velociraptor 754366
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Velociraptor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velociraptor   Velociraptor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Velociraptor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Forum :: Prehistoric Creatures :: Small Carnivores-
Jump to: