Jurassic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jurassic Forum

Discuss the Micheal Chrichton hit books Jurassic Park, and the follow-up The Lost World

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evolution.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Raging Raptor
Admin
Admin
Raging Raptor

Respect : 11

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Discuss the theory here.
Back to top Go down
https://jurassicforum.forumotion.com
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

Respect : 0

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:30 pm

I don't belive that is the answer it prob got to cold and they died from all the changes.
Back to top Go down
https://jurassicforum.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Raging Raptor
Admin
Admin
Raging Raptor

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:41 pm

That is one popular opinion, that they couldnt handle the immense changes... I do, however, beleive evolution has to be the only way that we could end up the way we are today,

to put it simple, we werent just pulled outta the blue, we had to have had primitive ancestors that slowly evolved as our earth slowly changed and our behavior slowly changes.
Back to top Go down
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:43 pm

Do ya believe in the bible and god?
Back to top Go down
Raging Raptor
Admin
Admin
Raging Raptor

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:12 am

Yes; and i know that makes me a hypocrite, but i was raised to beleive in god so ya know?
Back to top Go down
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:19 am

Well I now he is real and that evolotion is not what happened he made us out of the dust of the earth and I now he is real because lately it's been a hard time for my family and he has anserwed most of my prayers.
Back to top Go down
DinoDude65
Sinraptor
Sinraptor

Respect : 6

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:47 pm

I am very glad to here your beliefs, raptors rule. I always get some bulls**t at Modding Genesis for telling everyone that I am a Christian and creationist. I do, however, also respect your ideas Raging Raptor.
I know this is completly random, but I looked over at the smiley box and thought that this smiley Evolution. Icon_sunny makes me think of the Beatles song, Here Comes the Sun.

EDIT:
Raging Raptor wrote:
Yes; and i know that makes me a hypocrite, but i was raised to beleive in god so ya know?
I know EXACTLY what you mean. My father was raised in the Church of Christ, and that particular denomination teaches that if you don't get baptized and don't go to Church of Christ, you won't go to heaven. I was like, COME ON! Jesus died for everyone, and I don't need to conform to your false translations in order to recieve what Christ gave me! Sorry that I veered off on a terribly narrow rabbit trail, but it's a good discussion. Evolution. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:53 pm

Next time please use edit button I did it for ya but ya MG gives me bulls*it to I just hate it there I go there but only for mods but I mean they have to be perfect what I hate like I missed a comma and admin came and expect me to be perfect well he ain't I ain't.
Back to top Go down
DinoDude65
Sinraptor
Sinraptor

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:39 pm

Okay, to push us all back on topic...

The theory of Evolution wasn't really thought up by Charles Darwin. It was long thought before Darwin that there were variations between types of animals. Darwin simply made the idea popular. He added a mechanism to it, and called it natural selection, or Surivial of the Fittest. Honestly, I think that phrase, Survival of the Fittest is a tautology. Your saying it survived because it was the fittest, and that it was the fittest because it survived.... anyway, I wouldn't go as far into the theory of evolution as to say that every living thing evolved from a single-cell bactieria. I would, however, say that variation occurs quite often. For example: horses, zebras, and asses probably decedended from something like a horse, but did not decsend from the same ancestor as humans. Dogs, wolves, coyetes, foxes, and hyenas all come from a Canine ancestor. Get what I'm saying? It's what some people call Micro-Evolution, but I think that's a bit confusing so I call it Variation within Kinds.
Back to top Go down
Raging Raptor
Admin
Admin
Raging Raptor

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:12 am

That sounds more like natural selection..
Back to top Go down
THE DINOSAUR MAN
Fossil
Fossil
THE DINOSAUR MAN

Respect : 1

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:59 am

I believe in creation and evolution. Why can't God use evolution as a tool in creation?
Back to top Go down
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:19 am

The bible would've said he did.
Back to top Go down
THE DINOSAUR MAN
Fossil
Fossil
THE DINOSAUR MAN

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Well, no, it would not. If God tolled his prophets to put every little thing he did into the Bible, the Bible would be huge! Think about it why would God put so much uselessness into the Bible no one would want to read it.
Back to top Go down
DinoDude65
Sinraptor
Sinraptor

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:35 pm

God wouldn't have used Evolution while creating the universe, because Evolution is a cruel and wasteful process. It kills in order to allow other animals survive. Before the Fall of Man, everything was perfect. There was no death before Sin. Therefore Evolution does not fit in with the Biblical world-view. Furthermore, if God used Evolution, that would present a God who needs Trial and Error, which he doesn't. God is perfect and can get it right the first time. The Bible plainly says:
Exodus 20:11 wrote:
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day...

I don't know if it could be more clear on how God made everything.
Back to top Go down
THE DINOSAUR MAN
Fossil
Fossil
THE DINOSAUR MAN

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:19 pm

Yes God does get it right the first time, and he gets it right with evolution.

Evolution is seen today with all animals and humans. Think of you parents, and think of your self. You have a mixture of traits that both you mom and your dad have. This works on all creatures. If a crab is born in the golf of Mexico that has a thiner shell than usual, and the water temp rises 5%, it has an advantage. So it will live longer, so it will breed more. And after a few years all the crabs in the golf of mexico have thin shells.

If evolution is true as of today, and I think that it is reasonable that god used it as a tool in creation. As for the Bible saying that there was no death before the fall. We don't know if that is talking just about man, or man and beast. I may be wrong so please give me a passage of scripture that says otherwise.
You know that God did not make the earth in 144 hours. You know that the scriptures are not always literal. The earth may have been made in 6,000 years or 6,000,000,000 years. And is it not a waist to put in so much stuff about creation into the bible? Is the bible a guide on how to make planets, or guide to heaven? If God is as powerful as you say he is, then, how come he took 6 whole days to make earth?
Back to top Go down
DinoDude65
Sinraptor
Sinraptor

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:15 pm

You're refuting that God made the world in 6 days, and in a sense your right. He could've made it in an instant. But, by saying that he made it over billions of years is even more ridiculous. He made everything in Six days, and rested on the Seventh. He set the concept of our Week. The Seventh day was to show Jews that they work for six days and rest for one day, the Sabbath. Everything ties together in the Bible. It's not just about Creating the Universe, or Prophets. It's the revealed word of God. Read it as a whole, not as seperate books.

THE DINOSAUR MAN wrote:
You know that the scriptures are not always literal.
Yes I know that. The Proverbs and Psalms are poetry that include a lot of metaphors, but the Account of Genesis is literal. It's a historical account of Creation.

And it is not a waste (not waist) to put all of the information about Creation into the Bible, because Creation shows the glory of God! It shows that he created everything, and he is in charge. That there is an underlying order the universe and we're not the random chance of a cosmic burp. That because of the Fall of Man into Sin, he sent his Son, Jesus Christ, to die for your sins. That brings up a feeling of importance, rather than thinking that your ancestor was a Jell-O of chemicals.
Back to top Go down
THE DINOSAUR MAN
Fossil
Fossil
THE DINOSAUR MAN

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:42 am

If no one is willing to listen to each other's views then this topic should be locked.
Back to top Go down
DinoDude65
Sinraptor
Sinraptor

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:27 pm

I'm sorry that you feel that way.

BTW, that skin in your signature is by super spino, not Baryonyx.
Back to top Go down
THE DINOSAUR MAN
Fossil
Fossil
THE DINOSAUR MAN

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:38 pm

No, it is the new one by bary! Remember?

Oh yes I would lock this if I could.
Back to top Go down
Raging Raptor
Admin
Admin
Raging Raptor

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:15 am

Don't you have the quick mod tools at the bottom left? Checking permissions...

In the meantime, although this is getting slightly out of hand, and you where being a little stubborn, I believe you debated fairly. Good job.

Locking.
Back to top Go down
THE DINOSAUR MAN
Fossil
Fossil
THE DINOSAUR MAN

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Oh, now is see... That is a weird way to do it....

I think that this topic causes to many problems and rifts I have stated my beliefs, and if any one wants to stat their beliefs PM me and I'll let you (if the admins say it is Okay).
Back to top Go down
raptors rule
Admin
Admin
raptors rule

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Evolution. 52299 No we should just stop this topic not even pms that will just start a fight ok!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Evolution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evolution.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Forum :: Other :: Science & History-
Jump to: